Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Stay'n Alive

Recently a dear friend of mine reminded me of the value of music in healing. With my unreliable hearing this has become an especially difficult challenge. I love music. Loud music or soft music. Classical, new age, techno, funk, some jazz, folk music, rock and roll both new and old. Of all these, disco holds a special place in my heart. It is my happy kick butt music that I have no problem listening to with windows down and my hair blowing back in the car. (That is a joy that will wait for another day.)

ABBA, Donna Summer, Barry White, the Bee Gees...it's a beautiful thing.

I have to be careful and selective listening to music now as it can easily overload my system. I spent time yesterday deliberately removed to listen to one of my favorite Bee Gees songs. It was worth it. I'm not up to turning up the volume or jamming through the house anytime time soon but it helped to remember that I am still here. It's important to make the most of it.

You are welcome to enjoy my personal anthem this week as I listen to Stay'n Alive. Kristine, thank you for the reminder that we can use music to heal.



God loves you. I love you. Never forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment