Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Cake or Death

I love Eddy Izzard. If you have not yet enjoyed his comedic genius, then you are missing out. He is not for everyone but one of his skits has been brought to mind repeatedly as I have dealt with this challenge.

I am told, more frequently than I care to be, how great I am dealing with everything. When my husband hears these comments he responds with "It's not like we had much of a choice."

Hence my reference to Eddy Izzard and "Cake or Death." (I do have the video below but there is extensive use of profanity and references to some of the greatest tragedies experienced through our history. If you choose to watch, you have only yourself to blame.)

To summarize, he describes what world domination would look like if undertaken by the Church of England. Each person would be given the benign option of "Tea and Cakes or Death?" The response obviously "Cake, please." We feel in dealing with this situation it was "Surgery or Death?" Um, yeah "Surgery, please."

I spoke recently with a dear friend of mine in a similar struggle. When asked how she was dealing with the challenge she said, "Because we have to." We all have a cake or death moment when there is no choice but to buckle down and get through it. Don't worry, if you are feeling left out, your time will come. And we will be there.

All anyone can do is watch in wonder as you say "Cake, please." And we pray that in our time of challenge we will deal with it with as much grace.


No comments:

Post a Comment