Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Today

 


Some days I am here, here where I sit.
Locked in this place, taking up mass.
I can't move forward. I'm unable to do. 
I float and exist on the surface at most.
I try to get through it, I try to find hope.

Today, is a hard day. Today, I am grieving. 

Fears build up in my heart and I cry heavy tears.
I miss my before. My before all of this. 
Before all this happened I ran and I did.
Before I was busy. I rushed and I hurried.
Trampled and hassled, feeling quite scurried.

Today, is a hard day. Today, I am grieving. 

Not doing much, no progress to show.
No project or busy work measuring time.
Just this existence here, locked in my mind.
Not real. Out of touch. I can't grasp my life.
I lose the connections of people and time.

Today, is a hard day. Today, I am grieving. 

It is easy to feel shut out. I am here but not engaged.
Present and yet out of step.
So much in my mind, it's hard to live in this body.
I feel like I'm floating. Not connected, not real.
The sorrow wells up and it's all I can feel.

Today, is a hard day. Today, I am grieving. 


I'm grateful, I am, don't get me wrong.
I know I am blessed, that others cry too.
Today I am here, in this space, how are you?
Tell me your stories, your dreams and your fears.
Let me know I'm not alone when it's my time for tears. 

Today, is a hard day. Today, I am grieving. 

Just please be my friend.
Let me laugh. Let me cry.
And when I'm discouraged give me reasons to try.
I'll get there. I will. I'll do it all one day.
That day is not now, that is not today.

Today I am grieving, and that is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment