Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Why, God?

It is so easy to ask and not as easy to find an answer. Why? Why her? Why me? Why, God? Why did you allow this to happen to me?

So many conflicting thoughts of fear and helplessness. In the center of all of this came an answer. (One I believe must be written down because in its simple vastness and all encompassing concept, I will not remember it tomorrow.)


God does not cause circumstances.

Wow. He does not create or desire for us, His children, to experience pain and trauma. No parent would. However, as a loving parent He must allow us these experiences. Allow us and the nature of Life to create circumstances that need to be overcome. The struggle then, is what allows us the opportunity to learn and grow closer to Him, Our Father. Let me restate that. God does not make bad or good things happen. What He does is act in line with the laws of Life to allow our experiences to propel us to greater heights of existence.

Why then pray to God? If He did not create our circumstances what can he do? He can, through laws of Justice and Mercy, the laws that govern all force in the universe, act upon our hearts and minds, allowing us to triumph. He can offer ideas, suggestions, promptings, personal revelation, whatever we require to overcome. He can act upon the hearts and minds of those around us to offer aid and support in times of deep struggle. He is a loving parent reaching out in times of trial.

At times these trials and experiences are self-imposed. At other times, they are simply the facts of living as temporal beings. We are subject to the law of Death. We become sick, make mistakes, and sometimes misjudge events. We are mortal and as such we die. We are hurt. We hurt each other. Victims of abuse and trauma did not cause their circumstances but are still subject to these same circumstances. All living in this mortal and temporary existence have trials, experience pain and suffering. This is not the nature of God, but is the nature of Life.


God acts to lift us to overcome circumstance, that through these experiences we are able to draw closer to Him.

God does not intend for this suffering to be the end word. He understands, better than anyone the pain of loss and betrayal. He understands and hears the deep and desperate cries of our hearts. He knows the pain of sin and addiction. Each of these temporal experiences can act to create within us a desire for more. The strength to find Him and never let go. God does not intend for us to struggle alone.

He is there. He is always there. He has encircled us with His angels ready in times of trial to hold us up. None of us needs to got through this journey alone. Jesus Christ, our Savior, has already walked the path alone, that none of us needs to. None of us is alone and we do not need to feel alone, because Jesus has already broken the Law of Justice. Allowing God, in his wisdom to offer strength and support in our time of struggle.

Some days I know little beyond now. Today, after the loss of another brain tumor sufferer, I was struggling. In my heart and mind I prayed. I asked and this was my answer.


"I did not make this challenge for you. You have this challenge as part of your life. The cause does not matter, what you do with it does. What will you do with the challenge you have been given? Where will you turn? How will you allow this to act upon your heart and mind? I am here. You are not alone. Now go, do what needs to be done."


I don't have scripture references or prophetic counsel. I have had one small verse brought to mind in all of this. 2 Timothy 1:7-9

"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 
Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began."

Through Christ, my experience can serve a purpose in my life and in the lives of those I love.  I can, according to Him, ask for and receive the support I need to meet and match this purpose. He is there on the bad days and the good days. The days I fail and the days that I triumph. He is there to offer healing to self inflicted wounds as much as wounds earned through living a temporal life. God is there. He will take my circumstance, and if I allow it, will work upon my heart to make this a life of miracles.

My prayer for you, let Him in. Let Him hear your cries and I promise He will not leave you comfortless. I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I do know that in Him and through Him, my love and family will be Eternal. God bless and keep your heart safe in your trials. He is a loving father who desires you and me to triumph. He loves you. May you feel and know of that deep love.


No comments:

Post a Comment