Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Knots of Prayer

In coping with the changes, and sometimes lack of changes that are happening in my life right now I have a favorite poem to remember what matters. I have not been able to find who wrote it but it offers me reflection and a reminder of the God that supports me right now in my healing.


Knots of Prayer

Dear God;

Please untie the nots that are in my mind, my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots, the can nots and the do nots that I have in my mind.

Erase the will nots, may nots, and might nots that may find a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots, would nots and should nots that obstruct my life.

And most of all, Dear God,

I ask that you remove from my mind, my heart and my life all the "am nots" that I have allowed to hold me back, especially the thought that I am not good enough.

Please, ask that You replace the "am nots" with:

I am strong.
I am valuable.
I am lovable.
I am good enough, because "I Am".

Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment