Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Positive Aspects

Many times on this journey I have been made aware that my children are being affected by the changes to their schedule and home. This was recently brought home to me when my middle child had a sobbing breakdown that mom was going to go to the doctor and wasn't going home. This was shared with my husband after a day of tantrums and yelling that we couldn't figure out. Here he was, my sweet son, harboring a deep fear in his heart that mommy was not going to stay with him. Speaking to friends also dealing with family illness, fears and changes in children's behavior is common.

There has to be a positive aspect to this. There has to be something strength based that my children can get out of it. Today I saw the following article. Enjoy!

https://www.understood.org/en/friends-feelings/managing-feelings/feeling-victimized/4-strengths-that-come-from-challenges?

God loves you. I love you. You will get through today.

1 comment:

  1. Those affects may be long term. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete