Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Spiritual Healing

In healing there is a process of retraction, a drawing in and drawing away from the overwhelm of daily life. You pull back. Go inside. Hide in your little cave. For me, this process is necessary as I begin to rebuild and refocus on me and what I need. Not in a selfish "I want it" way but in a "who am I? Where am I?" way. One that looks to understand the new reality it has been presented with.

 



When I can understand where I am and what my reality is, then I can work to address areas of weakness and strengthen areas that have been traumatized. This begins at a spiritual level, an energetic point from where all physical reality arises. Before anything was, it first existed in spirit, in belief. No permanent healing can take place until that is addressed and then you are able to work out again, out through the mental and physical layers that make up who you are.

"Healing requires taking action. It is not a passive event. We are meant to draw on our inner resources, to find the material strength to leave behind our outmoded beliefs and behaviors, and to see ourselves in new healthy ways-to take up our beds and walk." Anatomy of the Spirit, C. Myss PhD

I am finding that my spiritual levels have been affected. During this journey I have lost focus (double vision), lost my voice (nerve damage to facial nerves that control my speech), and lost part of my hearing (learning to tune out the distractions and listen to those closest to me). It amazes me how God takes us as we are and opens us to the lessons and possibilities that He desires us to receive. I am humbled at His care, His concern, and His attention to me and my emotional and spiritual needs.

He is teaching me to be aware, to stay focused on the desires of my heart, to stand up for myself in healthy ways, and to focus on the things of eternity, the things that matter most. When you have limited resources of time and energy you find quickly what really matters. You eliminate those things that act as distractions and harm your relationships. I find myself reaching out to loved ones, that before I would have assumed I had all the time in the world for.



I am just me, I am a slow learner. sometimes I forget, and he reminds me. Slow down. Trust. Let go of the good to reach for better. I am blessed. I know God is there. He is reaching to help us, in the ways we need, not necessarily the ways we want. But, He leaves it to us to accept or reject His gift of healing. God bless and keep you in His loving care.

1 comment:

  1. Self care is not selfish. Christ said the second great commandment is to love thy neighbor AS THYSELF....no instead of, in spite of, or any other exception. Self care is critical in healing. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete