Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Owning Awesome

This is a continuation of my new path.

Getting my awesome back. I can become so discouraged and frustrated making my way through phone trees, dealing with medical billing, and trying to access services (all support groups for my area have been cancelled, with no updated information being provided).

My day and my power are mine. No one can take them from me. No frustration can take what I am not willing to give up. Pain, discouragement, irritation all work to weaken my will and pull power from me. I ultimately make the decision. I own my right and ability to make simple decisions, nothing else is required right now. Despite limits I can make decisions about my power and my attitude, the way I face things. This largely impacts my interactions with others and the tone of the day. One of my support team calls it being the thermostat, not the thermometer. Set the day, don't reflect it.

I choose to me kinder. I choose to be patient with myself and others. I choose to see the progress, not the path left to journey. I assume innocence in the choices of others. I choose to have joy each day in the simple moments. I choose to be grateful each day that I am still here. I still have the opportunity to grow and change.

Be the thermostat in your life. Set the tone for your home, family, life. You will find that as you can hold firm, the distractions around you will work to meet you where you are. You will influence, for good or ill, the day and responses of others around you. Set the tone. Be the thermostat.



No comments:

Post a Comment