Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

21 Days

Teamwork is vital to having a strength based approach to healing. Hope and a positive outlook are also important. This can be hard working through a long-term illness or recovery. There are many resources and options for facilitating those feelings. For creating a feeling of connectedness and inclusion and also improving your outlook in everyday.

After finding that my recovery is slow and intense my husband worked to find some additional resources. One he found was fascinating for him because the mental health community is beginning to look at the impact of positivity and hope on healing. They have found that we, each of us, has the power to affect our own mental health. We can choose to take control of our attitudes and internal beliefs.

The benefits of this on our physical healing are still being reviewed, but lets be honest a positive approach and hope in every day can make all the difference. Together my husband and I are now focused on taking 21 days to learn to be more positive, to look for the good in everyday, to move forward in healing with hope in the future. Take this journey with me. I invite you to review Shawn Achors video and see how it can impact you.

No comments:

Post a Comment