Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Retreat, Recover, and Re-engage.

Sometimes you go along, struggling just to keep your head above water. Treading carefully, praying you don't go down for the third time.

A friend of mine is struggling with not wanting to do much; its cold, first snowfall, kids are sick. She just wants to rest and cuddle and is concerned she doesn't have the right to do so. This woman is amazing and very much a go getter. She works hard for and with her family. Why does she then feel guilty for taking a day to hold her kids and recover herself? The following is what I wish I could say to her.

I struggle so often with the need to do more than  I can. Following brain surgery it's a lot simpler to tell myself to chill and knock it off, but it wasn't always this way. I don't know how to tell you to change it, but this internal attitude and perception should change, and soon. Don't be in my situation where it takes a life threatening situation to learn that it is ok to retreat, recover, and re-engage.

I had a church leader say this in the most eloquent way I have ever heard, I love it.


So, what matters to you? What is really at the crux and center of your being? Who are you and what drives your passion? Do that. Do that and nothing else if that is all you can do. Add more as you can but take time to step back and re-evaluate. Is it working for you? Why or why not?

Always remember what one of my teachers said....

"We are human beings, not human doings."

Don't lose yourself in being busy. At the center of everything is this: You are a Child of God. You have divine nature (this deserves to be nourished with learning and meditation). Your family deserves to have you be present in each moment (this way you will find the little things that truly matter). God desires your happiness. You can do this.

God bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment