Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Unlimited Sides

Overheard this past week: "So, not only do we get an order of brain surgery for our tumor. But we also get unlimited sides, awesome."


Barometer Head-
I have discovered another joy, side effect, that craniectomy and craniotomy patients deal with. Barometer head is a term used to describe the overwhelming and painful feeling of pressure from changes in the barometric pressure; storms, moisture, etc. I had hopes of missing out on this particular joy because I haven't had any symptoms so far. Nope, it attacked with a vengeance yesterday and hasn't let up. Moping and eating my feelings right now. Distraction is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment