Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Goal Setting

Goal #1 Increase opportunities for meditation and self reflection. As I do so I am happier and more able to cope with the realities of everyday.

I have been working on very specific goals that impact my ADL's, activities of daily life. It is vital to my well being to be making progress and show improvement. At times I become very discouraged but looking back, as I can see the progress I have made, it makes the work I do every day worth it. One goal area I am addressing is to be more mindful and present. To help with this I am including some of my favorite meditations. Mediation has been shown to have improvement with brain function. Added to physical activity and dietary changes, meditation helps me to manage my pain which at times is overwhelming.

I enjoy the work of many practitioners who teach mindfulness or guided meditations. Some are simply music that allow personal journey.

Deva Premal: 10 minutes

 
 
Healing Mindfulness Journey: 70 minutes



Years ago I was blessed to meet Terry Ledford and have benefitted from his work. Below is an example of some of what he does. You can also subscribe to his You tube channel.




God bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment