Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Monday, January 11, 2016

Fear

I've been quiet. Collecting, repairing, restoring.

I had my follow-up MRI a few days ago. Scans show that new cyst formation, or likely meningioma, has formed. This time near my internal ear. I meet with my neurologist later today. Sounds like this may explain the deafness I am still experiencing.

I have gone through the fear, anger, and bargaining. With prayers of loved ones I got to "Let's do this." As I explained to my sister it's time to put on the big girl panties and make a plan. I am not done. I will not fear more challenges, because I can and will work through them. I am here for a reason. I have a higher purpose and I will stick around to make sure that it happens.

Fear is good, it keeps us safe. Teaches us what things are good for us and what things are not. But, it can also work to cripple us. To reduce our influence. To minimize the things we are able to accomplish. See your fear. Understand it for what it is. Then take from it what you can learn.

What I have learned is that I am not done. I refuse to go quietly into that dark night. I am going to live my life fully, no restrictions, no compromise. I am not able to do everything, but I can do enough. I am and while I am, then look out, I'm not finished yet.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment