Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Anti-Tumor use of Cannabis Oil

Still looking and collecting data regarding the use of medical marijuana. Trying to find reputable information is incredibly difficult. I did find that historically it wasn't until the 1970's when cannabis was added as a schedule 1 drug that it was considered illegal. Until that time, while not common, it was easier to find access to medical marijuana. This makes me angry. No studies were widely done and as such there is no benefit to drug companies now to perform the research as it cuts off the supply of patients for other forms of treatment. I have never been so angry about a serious lack of care for patients in the medical community. I am furious that there is not more being done.

Suffering from a noncancerous tumor that was trying to take my life I wonder why there is not more being done. I am a Christian. I have never smoked, done drugs of any kind, or even drunk alcohol. I'm a lower middle class mother living in the suburbs of a larger city. And a tumor almost killed me. The way that the drug companies and modern medical field work, I will not have access to a simple plant oil that could, without the risks of invasive brain surgery, save my life.

Essentially, I feel very much as if I have been sentenced to a painful death because someone else can benefit financially from my pain. I am angry. A recent scan has shown a second cyst forming. I am scared. I don't know what will happen. In six months it has started and grown to be 1 cm in diameter already. I have changed my stress levels, adjusted my eating, I exercise daily. This is a game of Russian roulette and drug companies and working to ensure that my gun has five bullets instead of one.


National Cancer Institute statements on Cannabis and Tumor Reduction

No comments:

Post a Comment