Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Thursday, October 22, 2015

Alone

Its so easy to feel alone, isolated, and uninvolved when you struggle with significant health challenges. You may think you are a burden. That your company must be endured rather than enjoyed. I find that this feeling is common when you are sick. Your circle of support is reduced. Your activities are affected. Even your social involvement and enjoyment of previous hobbies and activities is affected.

In trying to cope with this feeling I listened to my heart and reached out today, hoping that someone else may feel recognized, noticed, and important even for a moment. That they might know that someone is thinking of them. That they matter. Instead I am reminded that others are praying for me. Reaching out in small ways, trying not to be a burden.

 Luke22:39-46
And he came out, and went, as he was wont, to the mount of Olives; and his disciples also followed him. And when he was at the place, he said unto them, Pray that ye enter not into temptation. And he was withdrawn from them about a stone’s cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground. And when he rose up from prayer, and was come to his disciples, he found them sleeping for sorrow, and said unto them, Why sleep ye? rise and pray, lest ye enter into temptation.

We, none of us, is truly alone. Unlike the Savior in the Garden of Gethsemane, all our friends are not wearied and worn. He is there. Christ is ever at our side. Angles wait to offer us solace and peace as we struggle. Loving, supporting, and holding space for our hurts when we are ready to let them go.

He has already paid the price of our loneliness, our isolation, and our pain. The price is paid. We can feel and experience whatever we need and He is still there. Despite anger and insults, He is there. Unconditionally He reaches out to us. We are never alone. He is with us.

If we are able to embrace and own this truth that we have God and His son in our corner, we can get through the bad days. The days when we feel useless or insignificant. He died for us. Each of us. I have come to know that even if it had only been for me, He still would have been on that cross. He would still have prayed in the garden. His love is infinite and reaches me even in the darkness of this experience. When I accept that I am not alone, I can see the light again.

I am not alone. You are not alone. I don't know your circumstances but I understand pain, and I can empathize with you. God is there. He loves us. He desires us to be happy and have joy. I will get there. You can get there. Some days are harder than others, that is ok, its part of the process.



God bless and keep you safe in His arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment