Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Thursday, December 10, 2015

What does Faith have to do with it?

Today the question was posed on a support group forum this person essentially asked- Why all the prayers posts? Isn't this a medical support site?

My reply on the forum was the following, "I think empathy and sharing the emotional challenges does have a place here. A medical only forum would still include that and for some hope and prayer are part of their medical and healing path. Choosing not to share in that way does not mean that it does not have value. I respect the rights of others but have gained needed encouragement and help on dark days for myself. I think if we shift more personal conversations to messages then it is fine. Emotional help is just as valid if not more so than physical symptoms.

I have to admit Faith and emotional support, for me, are large parts of healing. Faith creates hope and belief that this is not some blip on my life. This journey serves a purpose. I will come out of this stronger and better than before, because I have faith that I will. The psychological world is approaching the impact of faith and hope on healing. In fact my doctors have said that a positive outlook will say more about a patients recovery than any tests.

A positive outlook allows us to look past the pain and the hurt, and the now to see the future. The future we hope and pray to obtain. So yes, faith and prayers have  a place in the medical world. For some they are necessary, others may choose not to participate but that in no way should affect those of us who do. It comes down to simple respect and love for each other as human beings.

So, my prayers for your recovery and that you find the path to healing that you need. I believe that God loves us individually. He knows us. He knows who we are and what we need. He is a great God. May He bless and keep you.

Please enjoy the following messages on brain health and healing...






No comments:

Post a Comment