Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Sunday, May 8, 2016

This Mothers Day

 
 
This is my first Mothers Day from surgery. My craniversary is right around the corner, 10 days after my birthday, just the end of this month. Not every day is perfect but there is something perfect in everyday. This. This is why I keep going. They drive me crazy sometimes, they are often too smart for their own good. My boys. The loves of my life.
 
I have been blessed to be able to be their mother for another year. I need help. Sometimes it takes a lot of help if I am going through more serious rehabilitation but these women and many others have pulled together in ways I never knew were possible. My sons have been held and loved when i could not do it. They have someone to run and play with them, because I cant always be there. They have learned that the love for them is infinite and from many sources.
 
I am deeply grateful for this past year and every year I will have to love and nurture these bright souls. This Mothers Day, I'm just grateful that I had the chance to keep going. 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment