Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Thursday, August 20, 2015

When mom is broken...

My kids are dealing with a real challenge at a young age. Mom is broken. I can't run, rough house, or yell with my boys. We can't chase, hide, or duck. Mom is slow. Mom is different. This change was pretty scary for them.

I found an amazing resource in helping them deal with all the changes. Play therapists and other professionals can also help children confront and cope with many forms of trauma leaving a positive impact rather than negative triggers.


My kids experienced trauma. It was minimized because of the support and personal sacrifices of others. When kids have trauma they can act out in many ways. Including school professionals in the discussion and being open about changes increases the likelihood that they can help identify needs in my children as they move forward and through this experience. God has blessed us in infinite ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment