Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Monday, August 24, 2015

But they are not broken...

I have spent weeks dealing with an issue that has caused untold hours of frustration, anxiety, and distress. Medical and insurance professionals who make errors in record keeping, mis-schedule appointments, or even make clerical errors in transcribing information make so much work for injured and recovering patients.

I had brain surgery, there is no earthly reason why I am the one catching the mistakes, identifying the problem, and bringing it to their attention. It apparently matters more to me than them. I get knocked out for days afterward due to the strain and anxiety of trying to identify the problem.

In one instance I called and told them that I didn't know what was wrong, but something definitely was. They looked it up and sure enough, someone entered the wrong number. The original paperwork was sent in correctly but a mistake was made. I would love to bill them for the lost time and progress, it literally takes me days to recover. I end up unable to form sentences and perform the most basic functions.

Weeks this has been going on and each day I place calls, send emails, and collect documentation required by them to correct the mistake. Seriously! So tired of fixing mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment