Featured Post

Top things to not say to a brain tumor patient...

So over the past few months I have experienced some pretty dismissing comments. I'm actually amazed that people would say these things ...

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Roadblocks




Roadblocks and delays where I look. Hope and possible improvement offered and then more delays and barriers put up. It amazes me that resources made to help the disabled are so difficult to navigate and comprehend. Locating help with medications, co-pays, explanation of benefits, social resources; nothing is collected in a reasonable or accessible manner. So, here you go:

Medicaid Application

Student Loan Discharge

Cell Phone: Free

Community Resources for Disability

Transportation Assistance

Vacation Travel

I rely on help from well people and trust the office staff and professionals to be able to point me in the right direction. When I can't understand the next step or if the ball is dropped, I am lost. Completely unable to get myself out of limbo. I wait and work. I feel like I am hitting plateaus with my care. Then, there is the guilt.



I try to accept that it is there, but I also resent it. I worry about what my sons will remember. Will they remember mom that couldn't play with them or run with them? Or, will they remember that mom didn't quit or give up and pushed them to do their best?

Well, those are questions for another day. Today, I will do what I can and try my best to be aware and engaged with my boys. They are everything. I love them. God bless and keep you.

No comments:

Post a Comment